Sunday 19 October 2008

life's so far

Time passing so fast that i didn't realise i was back to Belfast for almost 2 months. I have just finished my 1st posting (paediatrics). Is really fun to play with kids, especially when they running around the ward, hiding from their mum n nurses, playing with ur stethoscope, telling u that ur hand is very cold, n they can offer their small , tiny hand to warm u up. They are so lovely that they will hug u when they r leaving the clinic, n they even kissed u..( mayb i m brought up in a conservative family, i think hug is enuf lor, so i was shocked when she kissed me after the hugs). N when u r the only chinese in the ward, the nurses wil borrow u to act as a translator in the ward round. ( kinda proud of myself being able to speak mandarin...although not that pro in the mandarin medical jargon...hehe...). Anyway, going to my next posting in psychiatry next wk, hopefully i wont have the same experience as one of my housemate, n han fun instead ............

One excited thing is i got a part time job. I worked as a customer assistant in a barista. Sounds nice???? But, basically u just need to do anything in the cafe, from washing dishes, cleaning, making sandwiches, cooking pasta, making Americano, Espresso, CAppucino, Latte, to operating the till. Is kinda new exprecience for me as i get to know how to make cappucino n latte( i really dunno what's the difference last time...to me, they r just coffee..haha). However, i might just be able to work for this 2 months, then have to quit as i have posting outside Belfast again. The 2 months experience finally allowed me to say i worked b4.....(hehe....)I earned my own money b4 i graduated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my uniform in Cafe Krem!

Another excited thing is.... Cookies n cream icecream is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!! strongly recommended to everyone. There is no more discount in Tesco thou.... My house is crazy about icecream. V ate like 2 tubs of icecream per week. In order to prevent diabetes mellitus, i think v really hav to stop that, (provided Tesco dun hav sales again...pls...stop the sales for icecream). Haagen Daaz I luv it!!!!Hehehe......i finished almost 1 tub of H-D Cookies n Cream by myself in 1 day....there gone my diet plan.......

my diet plan #1 enemy....

shud never ever appear in front of me....

No comments: